Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dealing with Scraps


I don't know about you but my scraps got completely out of control.  I was just keeping every little scrap from nothing to huge.  Here's the proof of my dusty screwed up uncared for obsession for scraps.

So I cleared off the cutting table, turned on the iron and started cutting.  I cut every (well almost) every use-able piece of fabric.    Resulting in this organised containers of scraps in a pre-determined size.

5x5"  squares 5" strips
2x2" squares  2" strips
3x3" squares 3" Strips

and so on you get the idea.  Now when I am cutting fabric, instead of throwing them into bin after bin I a know cutting them and filing them away afterwards.

I really think this idea is going to work for me and I am excited to find that next great scrap quilt project.

Take care Toni

13 comments:

  1. I found you over at the New Quilt Blog Linky Party! I love your method of storing fabric. I'm just not sure where to start. I've been trying to use it up but it seems to multiply instead of diminishing! Hope you check out my blog. Feel free to follow me! So fun! I look forward to checking out your blog and learning new methods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary, thanks for your comment. I know what you mean about fabric multiplying, I feel much happier now that they are stored and as a bonus visually appealing as well. I'll go and check out your blog now. Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love your organizing ability. Reminds me to do mine!!! I found you by way of the Linky Blog. Is there a way to Follow you by Google or do I sign up by email? You are more than welcome to stop on over and visit me---after the fabric is done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thanks for your kind comments. You should be able to follow me by google, I must make sure I add the icons. Have a great day Toni

      Delete
  4. I think it's a quite lovely idea! Will you do mine? ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly wrap yours lol

      Delete
    2. And, you've got a new follower thanks to the linky party :) I'm a new blogger too!

      Delete
  5. Great organizing ideas but I think my stash is hopeless, kinda like Legos - multiplying in the dark! Found you via the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrica, I did also seem hopeless with mine as well it was a real mess. But I finally got there, it did take a few weeks though, alot of wrapping in from of the tele. Have a great day Toni

      Delete
  6. Hi Toni, I found your blog through Marcia's new blogger linky party. I tried to join the site, but I'm getting an error message and to please check back later. I will, I promise :) Nice system for organizing your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kati, thanks for leaving a message. I hope my blog will become very friendly. thanks toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a great idea and I plan on trying it myself because I am out of control too. I will be following you.

    ReplyDelete